Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THIS WEEK: Le Tigre Doc at OUTFEST!

Hi Ladies,

So sorry I've been M.I.A. again!  I've been tied up working at the OUTFEST Film Festival, and I can only assume that you all have been enjoying your fair share of Cherry Bombs and Bears at our fab screenings.

I've definitely caught a few films, but the one I'm most excited for has yet to premiere. "Le Tigre: On Tour". Holy. F*ck. I'm so excited! Le Tigre was certainly a gateway in to feminism for me in the early years. I remember seeing them in concert while I was still in high school and wondering why there were so many girls there... and why they all kind of looked and acted like me. So badass.  I've followed Le Tigre closely over the years, and I'm stoked to see this behind-the-scenes doc. These girls always come back in to my life at very specific times, and I'm ready to re-visit them. I hope you guys/gals/ other can all come too!

The screening is going to be this Thursday, July 15th at The Ford Ampitheater. Under the stars, and totally picnic style. Your ticket will also get you in to the after party (Location still TBD) where Johanna will be DJing. Whaaaaaat?!? I'm def not gonna miss it. Here's the Info..

Le Tigre: On Tour
Documentary Features
(USA, 2010, 75 mins)
Directed By: Kerthy Fix (IMDB)
Tickets HERE!

Thursday, July 15th
Ford Theater
2580 Cahuenga Blvd East
Hollywood, CA 90068 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © LA Femmedia. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver