Sunday, May 9, 2010

FILM: "Stella Dallas" - Mother's Day Matinee At The Silent Movie Theater


Happy Mother's Day, L.A.!

I miss my mom today! (And everyday) So to honor her sacrifices as a single mom... I think I'll take in some silent film melodrama. "Stella Dallas" is playing at The Silent Movie Theater today! I loved the mid-90's remake starring my favorite person ever, Ms. Bette Midler. But since today we're celebrating our originals, I'm gonna take it back to the '20's. For my moms...

"...Silent beauty Belle Bennett stars in one of the era's [1925] most popular three-hankie melodramas, which chronicles a young woman's escape from small town drudgery by marrying a wealthy New York socialite (Ronald Coleman), only to have the marriage collapse after the birth of their daughter. After the split, she makes the ultimate sacrifice: sending the daughter away to live with the father, instead of with her, in poverty. This was a story that spoke to people, to women everywhere, regardless of their background, thanks not only to its great performances, but through the lens of screenwriter Francis Marion's sensitive adaptation. Bring your mom and a box of tissues to this eternal story of mother-love, sacrifice, and a woman's soul." The Cinefamily


Time:
2pm - 4pm

Where:
The Cinefamily
611 N Fairfax Avenue
323.655.2510

Price:
$12 (general seating)
$30 (2-person couch)
$45 (3-person couch)
Tickets at the door

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © LA Femmedia. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver