Saturday, January 29, 2011

TONIGHT: Me and TED

For me, this week can be summed up in 2 word: Life Lessons. It's been a week of personal advances, and professional set backs. But I get it, it happens. Sometimes the work/life combo doesn't quite pan out the way we hope, but we learn and keep on going. In the end, all this determination and self-reflective brain activity is freakin' exhausting.

So Feministas, I do not have an event for you this weekend because frankly, I don't wanna leave my house. BUT, I do have something to enjoy while deeply buried in the folds of my couch.

Does everyone here know about TED? It's an organization that hosts live conferences, performances and talks by the world's leaders in innovative thought.  If you can name a subject, genre, or idea, TED has a video of someone talking about it. It's awesome.

A woman from CareerOverview.com brought this to my attention, and I thought it would be perfect for this brain-cloudy weekend.
"12 Terrific TED Talks Every Young Woman Should Watch"

1. "Why We Have Too Few Women Leaders" by Sheryl Sandberg
2. "How The Internet Enables Intimacy" by Stefana Broadbent
3. "Embrace Your Inner Girl" by Eve Ensler
4. "Keep Your Goals To Yourself" by Derek Sivers
5. "The Paradox of Choice" by Barry Schwartz
6. "Standing Out" by Seth Godin
7. "New Data On The Rise Of Women"by Hanna Rosin
8. "Radical Women Embracing Tradition" by Kavita Ramdas
9. "What Adults Can Learn From Kids" by Adora Svitak
10. "Why We Need The Explorers" by Brian Cox
11. "Our Century's Greatest Injustice" by Sheryl WuDunn
12. "The Power Of Vulnerability" by Brene Brown

I've only gotten through a few so far, but I think I'm for a sweet (and rather empowering) Saturday night. Please listen, and feel free to leave comments about what you think of each talk.

Xo
LAF

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © LA Femmedia. Template created by Volverene from Templates Block
WP by WP Themes Master | Price of Silver